Made from Plants for Plants. Drop & Gro™ Pots are compostable and self-feeding. They are made from starchy renewable plants, so when your seedling matures, you can plant the whole pot and in time it disappears… bye-bye pot! As the pot breaks down, natural nutrients are released for plant absorption.
“Can I tell you how great it feels to be growing in a pot that is not plastic! I love the way the pot stays rigid while growing out the seedlings, it doesn’t get soft and mushy. This pot also ‘breathes’ which leads to excellent root establishment. After planting our in-ground trials, we have experienced rapid plant establishment and super healthy plants!”
— Al Newsom, Good Dirt Co-Founder and Horticulturist
Drop & Gro™ Pots are Easy to Use:
- Add soil to the pots
- Plant your seed, watch it grow (keep soil evenly moist)
- When plant is mature, head to your garden
- Free the roots by popping bottom tabs
- Plant the entire pot in your garden!
- Landfill Free – Plant the whole pot
- Safe for Waterways – No harmful fertilizer
- Petroleum-Free – No drilling for oil
- More Food Yield – Faster growth, more fruit
How fast do they decompose?
Since every gardening environment is different, your pot may breakdown into nothing within a growing season or you may have a little part of your pot left. Any product that is still recognizable can be tilled up for nutrients for your next growing season or you can industrially compost with your organics.